In this episode, Annika Fain, hydrologist and owner of Fain Environmental as well as your podcast host, introduces the NW Fish Passage podcast. She talks about her motivation for starting the NW Fish Passage podcast and partnership. Annika presents a brief background on the Culvert Case and fish passage concerns. In upcoming episodes, she will be interviewing people about their motivation and involvement in collaborative efforts to perform habitat restoration. Enjoy!
Mentioned in this episode:
- E&E News article, “Highways, salmon habitat collide in tribal treaty case”
- King County Fish Passage Restoration Program
- K&L Gates, “Culvert Case Affirmed”
- Northwest Treaty Tribes, “Federal Judge Issues Permanent Injunction in Culvert Case“
- Washington Dept. of Transportation, Map of Fish Passage Inventory